CreateAthon® is a 24-hour event during which creative professionals and students come together to provide pro bono services to nonprofits. Will you be fuzzy-brained and bleary-eyed at the end? Most likely. But will you get to work with passionate, like-minded creatives, eat a lot of good food, and give back to the community? Definitely.
CreateAthon is an excellent way to network and work side-by-side with other creatives, add work to your portfolios, and benefit a great non-profit. Meals and beverages will be provided throughout.
Projects from past years include:
- Thrive DC 40th-anniversary brand campaign
- Veterans on the Rise marketing campaign
- STABLE fundraising campaign
- Community Advocates for Family and Youth marketing campaign
- All About Caring Project logo and rebranding campaign
- Only Make Believe promo/marketing materials
Non-profits for 2019 will be announced in mid-March
How CreateAthon Works
- Creative volunteers apply by March 1, 11:59 p.m.
- Volunteers will be chosen based on the projects and needed skill sets.
- Selected volunteers will be notified on March 10
- Kickoff meeting
- All participating nonprofits and volunteers attend a kickoff meeting on April 5
- CreateAthon DC begins
- The 24-hour event will take place on Saturday, April 27 – Sunday, April 28, 2019. (Exact times forthcoming.)
- Nonprofits review their projects at a presentation at the end of the event.
- Nonprofits have one day to provide feedback, request changes or approve.
- Volunteers have one day to make changes and deliver final files to the nonprofit.
Have more questions? Email Elyse Kamibayashi at email@example.com